Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mehendi ceremony

My research report is going to be based on Hindu weddings and Mehendi. I went for my cousins wedding a few weeks ago, thankfully it was a traditional Hindu wedding so i manged to get pictures and information that should help me with my report.

Hindu weddings normally take place over 4 days, This is the mehendi ceremony, usually takes place on the Thursday. The mehendi night is a gathering of the bride and the women of the family as well as female friends, traditional music is played and mehendi is applied on the brides hands and feet. The elders of the family speak to the bride about marriage and give her advice about how she should act as a married women.The patterns that are drawn on the hands and feet mostly consist of flowers...Flowers are very important in Hinduism, they are used as offerings to God.

No comments: