Thursday, May 27, 2010

Beginning Stages

This is some of the jewellery that i made at the beginning of last year...



We are almost reaching the half way mark of the year...The pressure is on B techs! Time to some-up whats been happening so far and what progress has been made with regards to my B Tech.

A week ago we(The B techs) were given a "Crit Session" by a group of our lecturers from our department. I feel that it was very beneficial because it got me thinking about what has been happening over the past few months, I was also forced to explain or rather think about and explain to my lecturers...Where I started, What changes have been made? and how have i been trying to improve?


At the beginning of my B tech, I was really focused on the Idea of "Traditional Indian Bridal Jewellery." My intention was to look at traditional pieces and somehow recreate them but at the same time creating unique elements...I felt that by sticking to traditional designs, it would be impossible for me to lose the essence of Indian jewellery in my own work.

No comments: