Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Green



Fashion Bangle

I'm was actually meant to be working on a piece that falls under the theme of “Green”. When I thought of green though recycling and sustainability came to mind.
So for this project I decided to use elements that I already had to create a piece of jewellery instead of casting new elements.

I decided to make a bangle seeing as bangles play a part in the adornment of Indian brides. Traditionally bangles were used by married women. They were a symbol of marriage and were also believed to be protective bands that ensured the protection of the husband. When a Hindu woman became a widow, her bangles were broken because widows were not meant to adorn their bodies.

My Bangle ended up being a very bold piece, comes across as a contemporary piece. I relates to whats happening in the fashion magazines with regards to accessories.

No comments: