Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vetkat



Pierced Ring
The Vetkat exhibition was held in order to raise funds for the family of an artist who died recently. This task was a bit difficult for me as it took me out of my comfort zone. I had to design and manufacture jewellery based on references that was given to me instead of going out and finding my own.


I still felt like I needed to incorporate piercing in my piece, my first idea was designing plain bands that had an element pierced out of it. The element that I chose was that of a tree...The ring ended up being simple and comfortable to wear. It turned out being something that I wouldn't normally make.


I am really happy with the result but I feel guilty because I ended up keeping the ring for myself, I kind of got attached to it...feels like it belongs on my finger.

No comments: